Friday, May 22, 2015

Hello. It's Me.

It's funny how things that you thought were never-ending suddenly just run out of steam and... end.  For me, that's been my blog.  For me, that's been time spent reading blogs.  Life just has a way of re-prioritizing itself sometimes.  This past school year, I got so busy with other things in life.  Blogging just felt like a way of "keeping up with the Joneses," so to speak.  I didn't have time for the latest home decor.  I didn't have money for hanging out needlessly at Target.  I didn't care to read "sales pitches" in my blogroll.  Nothing wrong with any of those things.  I've subscribed to all of them at one time or another.  I just haven't had time lately.  The blogging world sort of came to a screeching halt for me.


Today, I was hanging out HERE, and trying to see my blog with fresh eyes.  I removed a few things, and consolidated some others, and well... we'll see what happens next.  I want to stay true to myself, and not get carried away trying things that I know darn well will never work for me and my blog.

I do love writing.  I do love sharing pictures.  I think it's time to just get back to basics.


After school's out today, there are only eight more days left for our girl.  Then, our summer gets turned upside down as she has a part-time job helping out with a summer Bible Club called "Summer XP."  I will be the chauffeur (gladly), and I have a feeling that we will be in the car a lot.

We have some plans for other fun stuff, though - so, it's all good.

Come along for the ride, as I "go with the flow" this summer.

3 comments:

  1. I feel the same way, Sally. So funny, as you popped into my thoughts just the other day. I have just been reading a tiny percentage of the blogs I follow. I am no longer into dishes, tables, pillows, amd painting my entire home different shades of grey. I despise the pop up ads that are in your face on some blogs. And I really don't miss it. My blog is up and I have photos to post and yet I don't do them. Lazy or apathy or a combination of both!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds great. I hate that I constantly get emails "Make thousands as a blogger!" or "Make your blog work for you!" That's not the point! My blog is my scrap book. Why can't we (as a society) put time and energy into something without expecting payback? Have enjoyed keeping up with you on instagram, anyway. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well I have certainly enjoyed looking at your beautiful photos this evening. Very glad to find you and yours well, Sally! Have a wonderful summer.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment! I read each and every one, and truly enjoy "conversations" with you! ~Sally

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...