Monday, June 23, 2014

Take a Look... It's ON a Book!

Does this ever happen to you?


You're sitting in a room in your house... let's say the living room or family room.  Something catches your eye.  It's not...quite...right.  Something about the balance is off and you can't...quite...put your finger on it.


Well, it happened to me.  I stared at these silhouettes of our kids and finally realized what it was.  The silhouette of our daughter is a little bigger, and more centered on the page in comparison to my son's silhouette. And, because you already KNOW that I'm crazy... I don't mind telling you that it made me a little more nuts.  I wanted to display the silhouettes together as a set, and yet... when they were right next to one another, I didn't like how it looked.


There had to be a solution, right?


The paper that the silhouettes were on had long-since been cut, so, short of destroying the beautiful work -- that was a done deal.  But then, I got the bright idea... What if I could do something to raise the smaller, lower-positioned silhouette up?  And so, because we have eighty-kazillion books around here, I found some that were about the same size and looked interesting together, and TaaDaa!


I still can't stop looking at this arrangement -- but now, it's because I love it so much.


Have you ever solved a design dilemma (big or small) with books?


Follow Sally's board HOME DECOR on Pinterest.


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment! I read each and every one, and truly enjoy "conversations" with you! ~Sally

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...