Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Did You Know? (Cleaning Sneakers)

If you were ever a cheerleader [or if you just get out more than I do], you've probably heard of this trick.  I, on the other hand, only learned of it recently.  My daughter told me it is the way her friend keeps the toes of her Converse so sparkly white, and I said, "Who knew?"  Do YOU know the secret?


BEFORE                                                                                                   AFTER
   

Well, for the other three of you who don't know, I'm going to spill the beans.

Rubbing alcohol, and a small amount of elbow grease really help clean up those grayed scuffed-up areas.


I toyed with the idea of running out to buy a new pair of sneakers before my trip.  I don't really need them... it's just that mine were looking a little, well, less than white.  I think my next pair will be colorful, but for now, this is what I've got, and I'd just as soon not spend the money before I go.  [Plus the whole no-spend January and all... doing good so far!]  So, I decided to put the rubbing alcohol secret to the test.  Mind you, it didn't make my sneakers new again, but... it did freshen them up -- and that's enough for right now.  Less money spent before the trip = more money to take ON the trip.  Get it?  [Oh, I knew you would my savvy readers!]

The picture below shows a cleaner shoe on the left, and an untouched one on the right.  Compare the areas I've pointed to, and perhaps you'll see a clearer difference than in the shots above.

Rubbing alcohol.  It's a good thing.



2 comments:

  1. That's a great tip! And it's always a good thing to save a few dollars for your upcoming journey, LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great tip! No, I didn't know!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment! I read each and every one, and truly enjoy "conversations" with you! ~Sally

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...