Monday, September 30, 2013

Happy Anniversary to Us

So, ON our anniversary, I remembered to kiss my hubby & say "Happy Anniversary" before he left for work. Good thing.  The day went downhill from there.  I woke up not feeling good, but I was hoping it was allergies and that I'd snap out of it.

I ran a few errands.  I talked to my mom and told her I had a little cold.

I talked to my sister, and she said, "Are you sick?"  And yes, by that point, I was feeling it in a bigger way, this head cold.

My daughter came home from school, and I said, "I'm going to bed" -- and basically hoped she would get through the rest of the day without me.


I napped, and woke up, and thought... I just cannot make dinner.  Lucky for me there were french bread pizzas in the freezer.  (Don't judge, remember... I was sick.)  So, I texted my hubby and said, "Can you make this work for tonight?"

He called and said, "What can I stop and get for you?  Ginger ale?"  Ginger ale tends to solve the world's problems around here.  Yes please.  Ginger ale.

And then I called back with the idea of  mentholated cough drops.

And then I texted "pretzels" -- because a girl can only take so much tea and ginger ale without a little salt to break the monotony!

Never let it be said that I can't come up with a good grocery list on the spur of the moment.
Just not all at the same time, apparently.

mmmhmm.  Happy Anniversary to us.  Good thing we were all romantic back in August.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers


3 comments:

  1. Awww sorry to hear you were under the weather for the actual anniversary, but I am sure you can make it all up now with a nice dinner, etc. xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope that you are well on the mend and that no one else catches it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I sure hope you are feeling better now!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment! I read each and every one, and truly enjoy "conversations" with you! ~Sally

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...