Wednesday, August 7, 2013

The Flip-Side...

...of the "Growing Pains" Post

Today, I was having a more typical glass-half-full day when my son texted to say that he had gotten a promotion at work.  WooHoo!  The texts were flying back and forth.  I couldn't text enough how proud I was of him.

This text flew back at me: "With that 50cent raise, I'll be buying a Lamborghini in no time! LOL"

Without even thinking, I texted back, "You'll soon find that it doesn't cost anything to DREAM."


These words came naturally -- to encourage my son.

And from God -- to encourage me.

I think I'll start a new Pinterest board called "Dreaming? Still Free." Follow it HERE.

{And feel free to pinch me if I'm not dreaming enough!}

2 comments:

  1. I am a dreamer and it is so difficult to live with someone who is not. I shot for the stars and think about what might be....what a wonderful life. Dianntha

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats to your son! Anyone getting a raise these days is blessed!
    Sweet encouragement!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment! I read each and every one, and truly enjoy "conversations" with you! ~Sally

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...