Thursday, August 15, 2013

Recipe ~ Chicken Squares

There's been much social media talk lately about back-to-school lunches.  'Tis the season, you know!  I talked a little HERE about our school lunch routine, and realized that I never shared the Chicken Squares recipe -- so I thought I'd share it today, in an effort to help out those of you who are brainstorming for the new school year.










3 oz. cream cheese
2 cups cooked chicken, shredded or diced (I cook my own, but you could use canned as well)
1½ dehydrated onion
2 T. milk
¼ tsp. salt
⅛ tsp. pepper
8 oz. can crescent rolls

Blend cream cheese, chicken, onion, milk, salt, and pepper.  Separate crescents into four squares.  Press dough together at perforated spot, also flattening it out a bit to make the square a little larger.  Divide chicken mixture between the four squares.  Bring up the four corners, and pinch together.  Bake at 350F for 20-25 minutes, or until golden brown.

** I often double this recipe, allowing me to use a whole brick of cream cheese (since the mini ones can be hard to find), and to have leftovers as well!

** In Pampered Chef fashion, I often make this recipe "in the round."  To do this, I use the crescents in triangular form placing them around a round baking stone with the short side facing the inside of the stone.  I roll the dough a little thinner since there is overlap, so that it will get baked through.  Then, I spoon the chicken mixture around the entire circle, and fold over the point of the crescent, pressing to the inside of the circle.  Bake the same way.

My kids are always so happy to have these in their lunch.  They provide a delicious break from the everyday sandwich.

Again, no picture, as the timing of my post was off.  But, I did provide a little graphic so that you could PIN this recipe if it sounds like something your family would enjoy -- and I hope you will!


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment! I read each and every one, and truly enjoy "conversations" with you! ~Sally

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...