Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Have You Ever Asked God...

... to clear a room?


Have you ever asked God for anything and then... been surprised when there was a response?  I know I've talked about this before... trusting God.  I believe I do.  Day in and day out.  Why then, am I surprised when I ask for something specific, and he responds?  WHY?  That doesn't speak of trust to me!


Yesterday, I needed to find out how to mail something in the most cost effective way, without it being sent on a slow boat to China.  So, I decided to drive over to the post office to ask a postal worker to share their wealth of knowledge with me.  On the drive over, I prayed that God would give me a window of time to speak with someone uninterrupted -- so I wouldn't hold up the line for other customers.


I pulled into the parking lot.  There were a few cars.  As I got out of my van, two ladies emerged from the building.  When I walked into the post office, it was... EMPTY.  No joke, people.  God is good!  Whether we are paying attention or not.  [This time, let it be noted: I was paying attention.]  By the way, I got the answers I needed from Trish.  She knows everything, and was super-helpful!  THE END.


Have you seen God at work in your life recently?  My daughter and I are attending a mother-daughter Bible study together, and that question was asked by our leader.  She said that, if asked, we should always be able to tell how God is working in our life!  It's not always earth-shattering.  Or... it just may not seem earth-shattering to others.  But that doesn't mean he's not really at work.  Sometimes he just wants us to pay attention, and notice the little things.

Follow on Bloglovin
Follow on Bloglovin

2 comments:

  1. Hi Sally, and yes, I have asked, believed, received, thanked, and asked some more. God is great and God is good. I especially enjoy experiencing a day like yours was when running errands. ;-) xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful lantana...I never did find any this year.

    Isn't God good to us? We ask, He provides.

    BTW, my iPad is fussy and allows me to comment here sometimes, but usually, like the past few days has not. I have been visiting and waiting to get back on the PC and remember to come over and leave a comment for you.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment! I read each and every one, and truly enjoy "conversations" with you! ~Sally

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...