Monday, June 24, 2013

Weekend Recap 6.24

Follow on Bloglovin


My sweet hubby and I are 2 years and 2 weeks apart in age.  Last weekend we enjoyed an in-between birthday celebration for both of us with my family.  Also Father's Day.  That's usually how we roll in June.  With three households, and eleven family members (five being kids), sometimes it's all we can do to all get together for that one occasion!


This weekend was quieter with just our family.  We headed out to the flea market on Saturday morning.  My hubby takes a different route every time we head there -- which would explain why, for the longest time, I didn't know how to get there!  But, he's taken the cornfield route several times now... and I love it.  Doesn't it just cool you off looking at that field of green?  I still haven't learned this route, though.  I'm always too busy looking at the beautiful scenery along the way.


Whew, was it ever busy at the flea market!  The parking lot was full, with people everywhere selling their trash, treasures, and everything in between.  I saw lots of blue canning jars, but none that spoke to my heart. (*wink)  For some reason this week, many vendors had the canning jars filled with buttons or marbles.  Perhaps getting rid of two things with one sale?  Perhaps a way to charge more for the jars?  I saw a nice big jar, and was looking it over when the merchant said he'd "give" me that and two smaller jars for $12.  You know what?  I think I like the thrill of the chase a little more than that.  I declined.  There was nothing special about the jars, really.  My hubby just laughed.  I think maybe he was a little proud of me for not going for that "deal" too easily.  I'm sure he wasn't laughing because he thinks I'm quirky!  (Sometime, I'll have to tell you about the little "trend" that I've noticed in shopping at the Flea Market w/ my hubby.)



Saturday afternoon, we had the nicest thing happen... My hubby was outside grilling corn-on-the-cob, and our neighbor came over and said he'd like to mow our yard -- in appreciation for all of the days that our son drove his son to school.  It wasn't a big deal for my son to do that.  He was headed in that direction anyways.  But, let me tell you... it was a BIG DEAL for our neighbor to mow our yard, as it was a HOT day!  And then, when we thought he was done, he came back with his blower, and cleared all the grass off the driveway and patio!  How nice is THAT?

On Sunday, we enjoyed some delicious steaks, our favorite potatoes, lots of fresh fruit, and apple pie for the birthday "boy."  It was another beautiful day, and my hubby and I ended up sneaking away for a drive in the country.



We ended up nowhere in particular, enjoying everything in general along the way.  A lovely afternoon!

How about you?  What were you up to this weekend?



1 comment:

  1. Nothing as much fun as this! I didn't even make it to church because the car broke down on the way. I do love time spent at the flea market and fortunately for us there are no vendors at ours so no pressure. Love seeing your country scenes and happy birthday to you both!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment! I read each and every one, and truly enjoy "conversations" with you! ~Sally

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...