Saturday, December 15, 2012

Trust God! (He is STILL in control!)


I'm so sad today.  My heart is heavy.  This week has been a week of so much loss.  A dear friend's father, an uncle, and now we hear of the tragic loss at Newtown, Connecticut.

What a comfort it is to know that none of this has surprised God.  HE is still in control.  I believe that with all my heart -- no matter what.  And...he will continue to work all things together for good.  That thought is so completely and utterly beyond my understanding, but that doesn't mean he can't do it.

Evil and sadness surround us every day.  I remain committed to looking for the good... and TRUSTING GOD.

There have been so many things shared on the internet as a tribute to Newtown, Connecticut.  One of my favorites was spotted on a friend's Facebook page -- a quote from Mr. Rogers -- of Mister Rogers' Neighborhood:

"When I was a boy and would see scary things in the news, my mother would say to me, "Look for the helpers.  You will always find people who are helping."  To this day, especially in times of "disaster," I remember my mother's words and I am always comforted by realizing that there are still so many helpers -- so many caring people in this world."

I challenge you... rather than dwelling on the evil, commit yourself to looking for the good... Be the good.  And also... TRUST GOD.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...