Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Thanksgiving 11.14


Today, I am thankful for:
1. our vehicles (we are spoiled to have two)
2. my sweet sister, Jill, who (along with her family) is hosting our Thanksgiving this year
3. ornamental pear trees turning a beautiful golden-yellow

Thought: I used to think that faith... was sort of like a building block, and you put all these blocks together, and you build a house, sort of like the little pig built that the wolf could not blow down. And now I get older and I feel that faith is a matter of surrender.  It's a matter of just giving up, and leaving that house and just walking out and experiencing the cold and the rain and doubt and confusion and trying to keep up your hope and some sense of gratitude.  If you just keep up hope and gratitude, maybe that's... all you need. ~Garrison Keillor

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment! I read each and every one, and truly enjoy "conversations" with you! ~Sally

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...