Friday, November 23, 2012

All is Calm

It was an odd Thanksgiving for our family of four.  My sweet hubby was on-call, and got a call just before we walked out the door to my sister's.  As a result, he didn't get to enjoy Thanksgiving dinner with the rest of us.  He stopped by later, grabbed a plate to go, and was on his way again.  Not the day I'd imagined -- that's for sure.  But, looking at the bigger picture, we are grateful that he has a job.  Thinking about the alternatives put everything in perspective.  Though we missed having him with us, we enjoyed a great day with my sister's family, and my parents.

Today -the day after- my hubby has a holiday, but is still on-call, so we stayed at home.  Except for a late evening trip to Sears last night for my hubby and kids to look for a t.v., there was no Black Friday for us.  I couldn't be bothered with that rat-race.  No offense to any of you that were out there -- it's just not my thing!

I'm always at odds about what to do on this day.  Here I sit at home, but to hurriedly pull out the Christmas decorations seems like rushing our thanks away too quickly.  But, I admit to having visions of sugarplums dancing in my head -- and I'm kind of rarin' to go!


So, while my hubby sat at the kitchen table hooked up to all things techy (for work), I baked Cranberry-Orange Muffins, and watched the 25 Days of Christmas movies.  I did laundry, and hung it up to dry, since our dryer is broken.  There's been no Christmas decorating of any sort.  Just calm.

Tomorrow's a new day, and all bets are off.  I'll be working on making those visions become reality.


1 comment:

  1. Love that shot of grapes.. and yes, being thankful for a good steady job in this bad economy is a blessing... I'm not quite ready for Christmas decorations yet either...

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment! I read each and every one, and truly enjoy "conversations" with you! ~Sally

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...