Thursday, September 13, 2012

This is the post in which I admit...

... that sometimes I totally LEAP before I look,

and that around our house, "we don't need no stinkin' instruction manual."

So, it might surprise you to learn that I am basically a rule-follower.  Well, at least when it counts, that is. However, I am also sometimes impatient when it comes to waiting for things to happen -- and I like to speed up the process, as it were.


As in the case of the avocado pits.  You remember that story?  Yes, I totally dug up those pits to see just how they were coming along.  What I found was that one of the two pits had split -- but no signs of green.  How long had it been since I planted them, you ask?  Oh, are we counting now?  Remember, I'm impatient!  (smirk)

So, here's the scoop: I am following the "stinkin' instructions", and hoping for better results.

Every single guideline that I had found about planting avocado pits said to do it this way.  Of course, we had no toothpicks in the house.  So, I improvised.  How about skewers?  Nope.


Wait... aren't there chopsticks in the back of the silverware drawer?  Yes!  A take-home keepsake from one of our favorite restaurants!  You'd think there would be TWO, but apparently they send you home with some sort of makeshift "two connected at one end" version that indicates they have absolutely no confidence in your ability to eat in true Chinese fashion.

But, guess what?  They work for my purpose!  I thought these connected chopsticks might totally snap and hurl the pit across the room, but so far, so good!


Truth be told, if I had waited, the pits probably would've sprouted in the soil.  At least that's my theory.  But, TAKE TWO -- as they say.  Two to six weeks, that is.  At least I'll be able to watch the progress.  Then once they sprout, it's back to the pot for them., and more waiting for me.


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment! I read each and every one, and truly enjoy "conversations" with you! ~Sally

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...