Wednesday, August 22, 2012

On the Edge of My Seat

For the past couple of weeks, I have been on the edge of my seat.

My heart in my throat.

Waiting for the other shoe to drop.

You've got the idea.  I've been waiting for something.  And it's here.

Change.

The boy drives.  Doesn't need me to take him anywhere.

The girl goes to school.  Doesn't need me to score her math test or type up a history test for her.

The bulk of my day is no longer driven by immediate response to what my kids need.  And I'm not all "Whoa is me."  But, I am sort of waiting for a new kind equilibrium to settle in.


I count every moment (all 18 years, 1 month, and 8 days) of motherhood to date as precious and privileged.  Not for one minute did I ever envy a working mom, or wish that I was doing anything else but staying home and caring for our kids.  I am blessed to have been able to do so.  Truly blessed.

I am so excited about what the future holds for me -- including some things that have already come to light as possibilities.  God is in the details.

But until he reveals his plan, please allow me to sit on the edge of my seat.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Sally, I can really relate. My youngest is heading back to school tonight (she's a senior in college). We've had a great summer together and I'm really going to miss her! So we can sit on the edges of our seats together!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment! I read each and every one, and truly enjoy "conversations" with you! ~Sally

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...