Monday, May 14, 2012

A Weekend Review

This weekend was a whirlwind.  Saturday started with food prep and doing our first big spring clean-up in the front yard.  The backyard will come soon enough.  There was lots of errand-running, and then a family birthday party, which ended around a fire pit.  Beautiful evening!

I didn't take half the pictures I thought I would.  But I enjoyed living in the moment, and that's what counts.... so I'm good-to-go.  Here are a few shots that I did manage to capture from Sunday:

My sweet hubby surprised me with a visit to Krispy Kreme -- a good start to the day, causing me to slow down and enjoy the coffee (or the donut as the case may be).

Here in NEOhio, it was sunny and warm, although the temps did start to drop off a little Sunday afternoon.  Still, it was a beautiful day.  The cousins played outside, and there were lots of giggles heard and shouts of "run!!!" as they shared a make-shift game of baseball with four.

We enjoyed a nice meal with family.  My sister, Jill, brought this beautiful strawberry-spinach salad with parmesan cheese and sliced almonds.  Delicious!  Mom brought dessert - an angel food cake with a pumpkin filling -- so good!  With each family bringing something to share, my prep time was not overwhelming.  This is how we do most of our family get-togethers.







My contribution was Crock Pot BBQ Chicken, shredded for sandwiches (a new recipe spotted on Pinterest.)  Nice of me to make my family guinea pigs for a new recipe, huh?  Lucky for me, everyone seemed to enjoy the chicken -- and so, another Pinterest success! [See original source listed below photo.]


{Click here to join the Project Pinterest FUN!}



I received a sweet card from my parents, and a special one made by my daughter with a precious message -- and then (from my hubby & kids) new charms for my Pandora bracelet. I love the little camera, and the sweet ring of roses!


We sat around the table for hours and enjoyed one another's company.  This year, Jill and I have been doing some genealogy research, and shared our findings.  We learned about a relative who was a tavern owner with a brother who was a minister (interesting family dynamics!) -- and about places that we hadn't known were part of our family history. Fascinating stuff.  Oh how I treasure our times together!

I hope your weekend was filled with tidbits
and treasures and lots of memory-making!!

~~~~~~~~~

How nice!
In the hills of North Carolina


2 comments:

  1. What an awesome post! I love your pictures, such great quality, especially that bee, beautiful capture! Your Pandora bracelet is so nice, lucky you! Looks like you had a very nice mother's day! Thank you so much for linking up to our Project Pinterest! Your a doll! waving hi from the hills of North Carolina :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That post made me hungry for that yummy salad and chicken! Have a great week Sally!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment! I read each and every one, and truly enjoy "conversations" with you! ~Sally

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...