Monday, May 21, 2012

Pinterest Board: Gardening & Outdoor Living

Well, 'tis the season, as they say.  Of course, "they" are usually talking about Christmas.  But today, I thought I'd explore another Pinterest board of mine: "Gardening and Outdoor Living."  As I remind myself of some goodies I've found, maybe you'll find something helpful too.

Let's start with cilantro, shall we?  It's the latest and greatest thing around here.  Yes, I know.  We're usually late to the party.  Oh well.  I use cilantro in these three recipes lately:

* Easy Veggie Couscous
* Slow-Cooker Cilantro Lime Chicken
* Black Bean Salsa

These are all relatively new recipes to me, and so I feel as if lately I am constantly buying cilantro.  Click on the photo/link below to find out about a better way to grow cilantro.  I've gotta try it this summer!

Source: sunset.com via Sally on Pinterest






I love this milk-jug bird feeder.  Seriously, how easy is this?  We may have to try this one as soon as we empty our next gallon of milk.  That shouldn't take too long.  =/



And how about this for when those nasty weeds pop up?  Or for when the gardener calls off sick.  That happens all the time at our house -- how about yours?  Well, an easy solution is vinegar, lemon juice, or boiling water -- not for the sick gardener, mind you.  For the weeds! One commenter at Martha Stewart.com said she used vinegar, and her weeds were gone the next day.  I'm thinking I might need to use this on the sidewalk that leads to our front door.



ALSO, I WANTED TO SHARE THAT I've learned a little trick about using Pinterest pins here on my blog.  Next to each pin on Pinterest, you should see (on the right) a bunch of options like: tweet, embed, report, e-mail.  If you click on the "embed" feature, you'll be given a code to embed that pin on your blog.  When you do so, you are automatically providing your readers with the proper source info -- like what you see beneath each of the pins I shared today.  Of course, you might want to take a minute yourself to verify that the source you pinned from is correct.

Of course, if we're all playing nice, then we want the proper person/site to get credit for their own ideas.  This is an easy way to make sure that happens.  Also, if you click on the photo, it will take you to Pinterest where you can click through to the original site. Capisce?

Enjoy your Monday -- and Happy Pinning!



1 comment:

  1. All great ideas, Sally! Don't you just love Pinterest? :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment! I read each and every one, and truly enjoy "conversations" with you! ~Sally

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...