Thursday, April 5, 2012

Project Pinterest: Devil's Food Cookies

So, the other day, my son had a friend over in the afternoon.  Since they are boys, and I know they are always hungry, I thought I'd make them a snack.  Trying to think of something easy that I could whip up, I remembered that I had a Devil's Food cake mix on my pantry shelf.  I went to Pinterest and did a search for "Devil's Food Cookies."

I'm pretty sure that I've seen this recipe on a cake box before, but it wasn't on the box that was sitting on my shelf, so...

Here's my PIN,
and here's the original source: Two Under the Son.

You can visit Two Under the Son for the complete recipe.
I did TWO things differently.



1.  I substituted applesauce for half of the oil.  I use applesauce in place of oil in many baking recipes, but was hesitant to do a full substitution my first time baking these.  The cookies turned out great, though, so I think next time I would use only applesauce.

2.  I used mint chocolate chips rather than M&M's.

I served them to the boys, and it was vewy, vewy quiet.  (It's possible they were "hunting wabbits.")  

But seriously.  Quiet.  That's a good thing!

Another Pinterest success.


1 comment:

  1. Yum! The mint chips would be a big hit around here as well!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment! I read each and every one, and truly enjoy "conversations" with you! ~Sally

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...