Saturday, January 14, 2012

Weekend Thoughts

The simplest things can bring us JOY if we will only allow it. That's right allow.  Nobody but YOU can determine how much JOY you derive from an encounter, an experience, or a simple gift.

Fragrant melted wax (vanilla hazelnut mocha to be exact), and a reminder of JOY from a friend are little touches around our home that bring me JOY.  They are gifts that remind me how much I (and my family) are loved and cared for.



Sometimes I pray and ?TRUST? God for something (like passing scores, or plans for the future), and then am surprised when he answers with a "yes."   Am I the only one who does that?  Mmmhmm.  There's a reason "TRUST" is my word for 2012!  It's something I need to work on.


Many mornings I watch as the sky grows light, and a pattern of clouds forms, and I wonder at God's amazing creation, and at the grace he bestows on me -- allowing me to be a part of it all.  Experiencing JOY.  Learning TRUST.



Allow yourself to experience JOY today.

Let yourself TRUST God -- who has your best interests at heart.

See God in the miracles that surround us every day.

Psalm 91:2
“I will say of the LORD, He is my refuge and my fortress:
my God; in him will I trust.”


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Head over to the Weekend Wrapup Party
at Tatertots & Jello,
and enter to win a Project Life binder,
the coordinating core kit,
and any 5 packages of the Photo Pocket Pages that are currently available
-- courtesy of Becky Higgins.

cultivate a good life by Becky Higgins


1 comment:

  1. Beautifully expressed, Sally! Thank you for the reminder. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment! I read each and every one, and truly enjoy "conversations" with you! ~Sally

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...