Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Taking My Own Advice

My Gram had a little thing she did...

Often when she had worked hard to prepare something (like Christmas dinner), she would be tired, and sort of at wits end.  This is what we would hear:

"Sit down and have another cup of coffee, Marian!" (or another chocolate, or a little Christmas drink).  "Okay," she'd say to herself.  "Don't mind if I do."

We would chuckle at/with her, and she would sit down to take her own advice.

I think of her often, and have those moments myself.  Sometimes, no matter how self-indulgent it may seem, we just have to sit down, and take a little of our own advice.  Slow down and smell the roses, as it were.



0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment! I read each and every one, and truly enjoy "conversations" with you! ~Sally

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...