Monday, October 31, 2011

One Year, & Thoughts on Slowing Down...


Thanks for stopping by from time to time,
and for listening to my ramblings.
I'm not sure what I thought I'd have to say
that anyone would want to listen to,
but I've rambled just the same
--and you've listened.

That's no small thing.
{group hug}

XOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXO

How ironic (or not ironic at all...) that on the same day I posted THIS, I later read these words from Ann Voskamp:

"In a world addicted to speed, I blur the moments into one unholy smear,"

-AND-

"Hurry always empties a soul."

I guess I was on the right track.  Slowing down is good.  Better.  BEST.

What tricks have you found that help you slow down, making you more aware of all that there is to be thankful for?

















21.  just enough water in the boiled tea kettle to make that first cup of tea
22.  the tick of the clock which reminds me of my aloneness
23.  frosty grass - another indicator of the changing seasons
24.  our kids have good friends and are discerning about friendships
25.  pumpkin seeds, roasting in the oven
26.  oh how I love to bake -- thankful for each ingredient



1 comment:

  1. Love the Sally's Shot - so creative. Thanks for sharing.

    Jumped over from Ann's 1000 gifts

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment! I read each and every one, and truly enjoy "conversations" with you! ~Sally

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...