Thursday, October 20, 2011

No.

I was watching a t.v. show the other day... A conversation between two women...

One was talking the other one into doing something for her, and the other was trying to say no.  But she wasn't doing it strongly, and she wasn't very successful.

Next scene:  woman #2 is doing the very thing that she was trying to say she could-not-would-not do.  She was exasperated and at wits end.

Woman #1 said, "Well, why didn't you TELL me that you didn't want to do this?"

In the back of my head, I was screaming, "she tried, she tried!"


Today, I read THIS POST by Emily Freeman at Chatting at the Sky.  It's about saying yes, and saying no.  Often "no" has more validity than we are willing to give it.  We're allowed to say no.  We're allowed to have a limit.  We're allowed to recognize "seasons" in our life, and give way to the change that is a new season.

That's not the same as quitting.

And it certainly isn't failure.


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment! I read each and every one, and truly enjoy "conversations" with you! ~Sally

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...