Friday, October 21, 2011

Halloween Party Prep

In true "we-don't-need-no-stinkin'-directions" style my girl and I went full speed ahead to make some spider web brownies for a Homeschool Halloween party that we're attending today.

We got the idea (via photos on the internet) to incorporate a spider web into the frosting of the brownies.  Do NOT ask me why I thought we should use white chocolate chips.  I guess that was the first thing that came into my mind, and I just went with it.

Read my cry for help on Twitter: "White chocolate = difficult. Dislike. Fumbling through spider web brownies w/ my girl."

Michaels was kind enough to reply with: "Have you tried playing with white icing to create the spider webs? It is easier to control than white chocolate."

Uh, yeah.  Next time = frosting.  White chocolate is ridiculous to melt, and when it finally does, it’s way too hot to handle (obviously).  And control?  Let's just say "none."  We were trying to hurry before it hardened again, and ended up with a sandwich bag (turned pastry bag) that burst wide open.

Oh yes, that is white chocolate all over my counter top!

However, we did end up with something that we were happy with for our first time effort. Plus, really?  Who's going to let a pan of fudgy brownies go to waste?  We'll suffer through it.


We had better success with these little goodies.  Ingredients?  Mini pretzel twists, Hershey's kisses, and M&M's.  The idea was not my own, but gleaned from Pinterest.


So easy.  Place pretzels on stone or baking sheet.  Place Hershey's Kiss on each pretzel. Bake at 275F for 3 minutes.  As soon as you take them out of the oven, push an M&M down into the tip of the kiss.  Let cool.  Refrigerate to set, & bag up for Halloween treats.  I think they are so cute.  <Think of all of the variations that you could make!>


So, we are off to the Homeschool Halloween Party.  Halloween is so-not-my-thing, but I am looking forward to the time with friends, and seeing what other creative ideas everyone might've come up with.  We were told to bring a dozen hard-boiled eggs, so I can't wait to see what the plan is for them!  Stay tuned!


This post has been approved by my girl, the project manager.


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment! I read each and every one, and truly enjoy "conversations" with you! ~Sally

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...