Monday, October 24, 2011

Don't Change the Story!

I was writing a post the other day (yet to be posted) in which I mentioned that if given the choice by God, (many days) I would gladly do toddlerhood-times-two if I could skip the teenage years.

Of course, I wrote that during a moment of surging emotions.



Yesterday, I received my copy of One Thousand Gifts by Ann Voskamp.  I wasn't very far into the book before I read this:

" ...maybe you don't want to change the story, because you don't know what a different ending holds."

Ann continues:

" There's a reason I am not writing the story and God is.  He knows how it all works out, where it all leads, what it all means.  I don't."

Amen, Ann.

I knew there would be great things to learn from this book.

"There is a time for everything,
and a season for every activity under heaven..."
Ecc. 3:1


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment! I read each and every one, and truly enjoy "conversations" with you! ~Sally

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...