Thursday, October 13, 2011

Did You Know?

Have You Been Told?

Well, I'm here to tell ya!  If you are in an automobile accident, and you fill out an accident report, it becomes a matter of public record.  (Who KNEW, or thought anybody cared?) MmmHmmm.  Well, if you read THIS POST, you know that I was rear-ended the other day while at a stop light.  No injuries for either party.

However, before noon yesterday, TWO DIFFERENT doctor's offices called me (aware of the accident) to make sure I was okay.  The first guy called, and I was like, "what the heck?" His response was just, "Well, we just wanted to make sure you were okay, and see if you needed to come in for an exam."

WHAT??????  "Who on earth ARE you?"  That's what I wanted to say.  I was totally creeped out.

By the time the second guy called (poor guys, how would you like that to be your job?), I was more composed, and ready for him.  "Where do you get your information?"  I asked. He was very nice, and told me that when you fill out an accident report, it becomes a matter of public record, and therefore they have access to it.  When the THIRD guy called today, he was full of information, confirming what guy #2 told me.

Seriously?  It has come to this?
THIS I NEVER KNEW.

My dear sis said the same thing happened to her a while back when she had a fender-bender.

Who knew?  I didn't.  But, now YOU do!  Now (should this happen to you) you won't be creeped out like I was!

IN ADDITION: Within a weeks time, I had received mailings from no less than SIX law firms telling me they would help me with legal proceedings for my accident.  Okay - NO NEED.  However, here's what you need to know about these mailings.  Some of them contained a copy of the actual accident report with my personal information - you know: name, address, license plate number, insurance agency, etc.  Glad I caught these to SHRED rather than just trashing them!!!

This has been a public service announcement (and you're welcome).  You are now better educated on the subject than I was. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment! I read each and every one, and truly enjoy "conversations" with you! ~Sally

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...