Monday, August 22, 2011

Monday Misc. 2

1. Julie & Julia
I borrowed this movie from the library recently, and completely loved it.  Meryl Streep does a fabulous job as Julia Child, and well - I've never seen anything but good come from Amy Adams.  I thought it was a sweet movie - sort of inspiring in a "yes, I'm a blogger" kind of way.

2. Welcome Wagon
We have officially received two telephone calls and one mailing from... wait for it...
our son's HIGH SCHOOL!
A few days after our initial appointment, we received a phone call letting us know about important things we need to know for the upcoming school year.  We received another call today about the new traffic patterns, since the high school is in the beginning stages of a building project.  We also received a newsletter in the mail.
In addition, his name has been posted with a homeroom number assigned.
We are on "the list." 
As Martha would say, "It's a good thing!"

3. Today's Predominant Pollen
I just looked at today's allergy forecast, and the predominant pollen for the day in our area is ragweed.  Of course it is.  That's why my daughter has her annual August sore throat.  A long time ago, I signed up to receive a personal allergy alert e-mail containing a 2-day forecast that is specific to the region in which I live.  Just go HERE, and you can sign up too!  It's a great way to keep ahead of allergy or
asthma issues that your family may experience.
(Just sharing something that has been helpful to our family!)


4.  Sweet Reunion
As a child, we attended family reunions, and I always felt in the minority
-- a child in the midst of a lot of "older" people.
For many years, we were not able to attend reunions,
or reunions were not held.
Yesterday, I went to the first family reunion in years.
Again, I felt in the minority
-- an "older" person in the midst of a lot of children.
Oh, how the tables have turned! 

5. A Prayer
This is Paul's prayer for the Philippians.
I'm thinking it may be a good prayer to pray for my son this school year
 as he takes on new challenges, and learns new ideas:

"And this is my prayer:
that your love may abound more and more
in knowledge and depth of insight,
so that you may be able to discern what is best
and may be pure and blameless for the day of Christ,
filled with the fruit of righteousness
that comes through Jesus Christ—to the glory and praise of God."
Philippians 1:9-11

Miscellany Monday @ lowercase letters
Write down your random thoughts and join in!


2 comments:

  1. yay! school is starting@ goodluck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for this post Sweet Sally! Just what I needed to read! :) hugs!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment! I read each and every one, and truly enjoy "conversations" with you! ~Sally

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...