Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Time Flies...

Wow - time really DOES fly when you're having fun.  Of course, by now I have realized that time flies even if you're NOT having fun -- but that's a story for another day.

This is week six of my nine-week summer day camp job, and you know what?  I am dreading week nine.  Dreading it, I tell you.  I love this job, and truly hate to see it end each year.

My title this year is Media Manager.  Essentially, this means I manage the Facebook and Twitter accounts as well as a camp blog.  I also take pictures of camp activities all day so that I can post them up-to-the-minute on Facebook as well as displaying them on the blog, and in a daily newsletter.


However, I am also blessed enough to:
  • interact with parents on a daily basis, and learn more about their families
  • mingle with some of the most awesome jr. high, sr. high, and college-aged staff that you could imagine. (I've known some of them since they were in diapers!)
  • work (it's way too much fun to call it "work!") with some of the most lovely ladies who have become forever friends in a "friend who would move a body" kind of way.  Really, take a minute and click on that link -- then come back here.  I'll wait.....  [Everybody needs those kind of friends, right?]
  • encourage kids who are just having a rough day
  • high-five some awesome kids as they run past me down the hall
  • eat snacks with little girls while they tell me all of the favorite parts of their day
  • listen while children tell me that they "just became a Christian today!"
  • be invited to eat at a lunch table filled with 5th/6th grade girls
  • have excited children run up to me and beg to have their picture taken
  • show "tough love" to campers I have known since they were itsy-bitsy -- because I know them well enough to expect as much of them as their parents do
  • work for the cause of Christ to minister to families and children in a lovely setting with some of my nearest and dearest friends
  • have a husband who encourages me to take this job each summer, and is sacrificial in his attitude about what gets done at home all summer.  He helps out with so much, encourages the kids to do their part, and doesn't make a big deal about the things that get overlooked for a few months.
I mean,
is it any wonder that
I don't want it to end?

I hope that you're having a wonderful summer too!
What great things have you done?
What has been your biggest accomplishment?
Perhaps today,
it was to sit on the deck with a sweet tea.
YOU GO GIRL!
Whatever you're up to,
I hope it IS sweet!
Happy, happy summer!
May the rest of it creep slowly by.
Amen.






1 comment:

  1. Lovely blog! Yes! Time Does Fly!
    I'm a new follower from the blog hop!
    Hope you'll hop by and visit my blog too!
    Have a great weekend1
    nancy
    http://stylendecordeals.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment! I read each and every one, and truly enjoy "conversations" with you! ~Sally

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...