Tuesday, July 26, 2011

I Don't Really Remember...


It's been a great summer so far.  Have I mentioned that the end is coming way too quickly?

And, in the busy-ness of this life, have I also mentioned lately how much I love my kids?  I loved being able to capture this moment the other day.  I was in my role as photographer.  He was in his role as Grounds Crew - manning the inflatables.  She was in her role as camper - having fun.


We've come a long way in our "camp journey" these past seven years.  God has opened doors, and windows, and secret hatches all along the way -- many of our growth-opportunities and friendships because of camp.  Life is good.

I don't really remember what it felt like to sip lemonade all summer.  Now, I stop at McDonalds to grab a Sweet Tea on the run.

I don't really remember what it felt like to sit out and get a little sun.  Now, my "tan lines" are earned by standing outdoors snapping pictures, or by standing at the side of a small lake and keeping an eagle-eye on campers.

I don't really remember what it felt like to garden.... Um, well - that's a story for another day.

It's been a great summer so far.
Have I mentioned that the end is coming way too quickly?


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment! I read each and every one, and truly enjoy "conversations" with you! ~Sally

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...