Tuesday, July 12, 2011

"Achieving" Bokeh

Subtitled "A Happy Accident!"

{In photography, bokeh* is the blur,
or the aesthetic quality of the blur,
in out-of-focus areas of an image,
or the way the lens renders out-of-focus points of light.}

So, I was out snapping pictures of flowers in our garden, and came back inside to find this on my camera:


Imagine my surprise when I found that I, the rookie photographer who doesn't know anything at all about the "ins and outs" of photography took this photo which is seemingly full of bokeh with a simple (we're talking really simple) no-frills point and shoot digital camera!  I was filled with SURPRISE, I tell you!  However, in an effort to be an honest blogger, I would have to say that rather than "achieving bokeh," I believe that I was victim to "a happy accident!"

And, by the way, I'm not too proud to say, "I'LL TAKE IT!" (Big smile!)

*Bokeh definition found at Wikipedia.


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment! I read each and every one, and truly enjoy "conversations" with you! ~Sally

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...