Saturday, April 23, 2011

Speak Up!

I am not a fan of confrontation -- in any form.  Conflict stresses me out.  I have learned in recent years to let certain things go -- that they are not battles worth fighting.  But, I have also learned that there are things we should speak up about.  These things may even seem petty at the time, but in the "big picture" they are, well, BIG.


Today, as I was working on my blog, I noticed an ad at the bottom of my Feedjit live traffic feed.  I won't even post the words that were in the ad, since I don't want to be sp*mmed over it.  Let's just say it was offensive in a faith-related way.  At any rate, I wanted to do something about it.  I didn't want people who chose to visit my blog to be offended by the ad.

So, I contacted Feedjit.

I said:  
  • I was not happy to see this ad on my blog.
  • What can I do to assure that I will not see it in the future?
  • Thank you for your kind attention to this matter.

Within hours, I received a response from the Feedjit Founder and CEO that said, "We have received several complaints about this ad and are taking steps to prevent this from occurring in future.  Thanks very much for your feedback.  Kind regards..."
    Thank you Feedjit
    for communicating well,
    for handling my concerns professionally,
    and for "hearing" me.


    0 comments:

    Post a Comment

    Thanks so much for taking the time to comment! I read each and every one, and truly enjoy "conversations" with you! ~Sally

    Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...