Tuesday, March 1, 2011

December Daily ~ Days 23-25 (Really!)

Well, I cannot believe that I am just now finishing up my December Daily album.  I must say that the whole process got overlooked at the end of the year, and into the new year -- too much going on, I guess.  My goal was to have it done before the end of January, but that came and went.  New goal: end of February - that's TODAY (as I write this).  At this point I've, admittedly, lost interest.  I can definitely see the benefit of keeping up with it day by day - so that this procrastinating doesn't happen.  (I can procrastinate with the best of them.  Including right now when I am writing blog-text instead of finishing up December 23rd.)

Would I do this again?  Definitely.
Would I do a December Daily every year?  Maybe, but not necessarily.  (I wish I would've known about this project when our kids were little!)
Something I learned for "everyday" scrapbooking?  The use of baseball card page protectors.  This is a great way to include lots of pictures without having to figure out a layout to include them all.  Love this idea for close-ups of people too!  Good way to use pictures of people, but crop out all the distractions.
The problem with procrastinating?  I lost my momentum on the journaling.  A lot is taken for granted in these last pages which totally lack for journaling.  I regret that.  I'm thinking that I may add a page of holiday journaling at the end.

This year, I was on a budget.  I didn't have a lot of extra money to put into this project, so I worked with what I had.  If I did the project again, I would love to spend money on more "fun" papers, and get a different look.

I still love the classy album I chose from We R Memory Keepers.  I found it at Archiver's, and used a coupon!  I'm actually thinking about using this album for all my scrapbooks.  The jury is still out on that one...

And now, without further delay -- here are the last of the pages...  December 23, 24, and 25th.

Ho, Ho, Ho.

December 23rd
(left)

 (right)

Christmas Eve
(left)

(right)

Christmas Day
(left)

I knew there would be lots of photos from Christmas Day
- so I added a baseball card page protector here as well.
 (insert front)

 (insert back)

(right)


1 comment:

  1. YAy u 4 getting it done! Mine is nearly done. I had hoped to have it finished by the second week in Jan but a little guest dr gig got in the way-?lol! the kit went up for sale today and the gallery is rocking thanks to my fellow dt members! Awesome stuff!
    Hope you had a J.O.Y-filled day! Thinking of you!
    Suz :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment! I read each and every one, and truly enjoy "conversations" with you! ~Sally

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...