Saturday, February 12, 2011

On Being Thankful...

The other day, a friend posted this on facebook:

"What if you woke up today
with only the things
you thanked God for yesterday?"

--which begs a question...
well, several in fact.

Would you have your family beside you?
Would you have your home?
Would your home be cozy during these winter months?
Would you have your friends, your church, your job?

<<Insert here all the things that you did not give thanks for,
but that you're taking for granted will be there for you tomorrow.>>

Just something to think about.
I definitely realized how much I take for granted,
and am trying to be better at expressing my thanks to God
-- daily.

By the way,
what about the sunrise?
Would the sun have risen today?

{Except for my watermark, this is a completely unedited photo of
this morning's sunrise over my back-yard-neighbors' rooftops.}
I'm certainly thankful that SOMEONE
thanked God for the sunrise yesterday!
Was it YOU?
Thank you!


3 comments:

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment! I read each and every one, and truly enjoy "conversations" with you! ~Sally

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...