Friday, February 18, 2011

Inspiration for Spring

Yesterday, I stopped in at Michaels with my 50% off coupon -- and was inspired.
Lots of goodies were on sale, and this is what I ended up with.

This great decorative plate.
Crushed shells, shell balls, and a spicy vanilla candle.

Do you see where this is going?  No?  Stay with me.

How about this?
I covered the indented area of the plate with crushed shell,
and added the shell balls.

-OR-

Take away a shell ball, and add the candle.

-OR-

If you're into balance and symmetry...

-AND-


There's was lots of leftover crushed shell,
so I added some around this candle as well.

As I look at these photos, I'm realizing that
I have totally been inspired by
Sarah at A Beach Cottage.
Check out her monochromatic decorating style.
It's totally inspiring for life at the beach.
{Let's not talk about the fact that I live in the midwest
 -- and we're still not done with winter!}
As my kids would say: WHATEVER.



Tidy Mom I'm Lovin It Fridays



giveaways


2 comments:

  1. Totally cute! :) You grabbed a great bargain! Feel free to hook it up at my Weekend Review Link Party for others to see. It is too pretty not to share! Have a great day.
    http://humblehomemaking.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Sally! I am awarding you with "Stylish Blogger Award"!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment! I read each and every one, and truly enjoy "conversations" with you! ~Sally

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...