Monday, December 20, 2010

December 20th ~ Finished!

Tying up all of the loose ends...

I am happy to report (because I know you've been dying to hear) that I am finished with my Christmas shopping.  I even made 2 pre-Christmas exchanges, and took each child out to shop for the other.  Taa-daa!  

Did you do a lot of on-line ordering?  I ordered three gifts on-line, and 2 of the 3 have arrived.  Hopefully the third one will arrive today.  This week, my hope is to just stay home and bake cut-outs and Peppermint Patty Brownies.  I see some potato-peeling in my future, too.

{Note: The brownie recipe in the link provided above does not say to melt the margarine.  My original recipe (from a York ad in a magazine some years ago) DOES.  Just wanted you to know.}

Time to clean up the house a little.  It has started to look more like Santa's workshop or Mrs. Santa's scrapbook room than a home decorated for Christmas!  Time to fix that.  Afterall, we wouldn't want Santa's workshop to be visible in the Christmas morning photos!

Over the weekend, I told no less than five different people "Merry Christmas" when they wished me "happy holidays."  I was happy when they all responded positively, and said it back to me.  One by one I am retraining those retail minds!  {My daughter even took note that it made people happy when I said "Merry Christmas" to them!}

Speaking of my sweet daughter... She gave me a big hug yesterday, and told me that sometimes, she wishes she was still little so that I could hold her close, and she could fall asleep in my arms.  She knows just how to turn me to mush!


Last year on Christmas Eve we went ice skating at our local outdoor rink, went to church, and came home to make pretzels (one of my husband's specialties).  Our plan for Christmas Eve is different this year.  Although we will still go to church, I'm hoping that we don't lose the ice skating and pretzel making altogether.  I want to work hard to fit those in on another day!

As we approach the birthday of our Savior, I pray that we can all put the hustle and bustle behind us, and recall the real REASON for the season.  Jesus Christ. 

"And he will be called Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God,
Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace."
Isaiah 9:6



1 comment:

  1. Hi Sally, thanks for stopping by my blog! I do some online ordering, I find it is so convenient and you can search for a good deal.

    Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment! I read each and every one, and truly enjoy "conversations" with you! ~Sally

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...