Saturday, December 18, 2010

December 18th ~ Christmas Survey

I found this survey on Claudia's blog, who found it on Melissa's blog who found it on someone else's blog.  And they told two friends, and they told two friends, and so on, and so on, and...you get the idea.  This was actually a lot of fun to do.  It made me think about what some of our traditions really are.  We often take them for granted!  What are your answers?  If you blog it, leave me a link in the comments!  I'd love to read your responses.

1. Wrapping paper or gift bags?
Whatever is on hand and fits the gift!

2. Real tree or Artificial?
We bought an artificial tree the first year we were married ('92).
Tree #2 was for downsizing.
Tree #3 was for pre-strung lights (hurray!)  

3. When do you put up the tree?
Usually the first weekend in December.

4. When do you take the tree down?
Usually on New Year's Day.

5. Favorite gift received as a child? 
Probably my dolls.  I remember getting "Betsy Wetsy" one year.
My dad held her as I fed her her bottle, and then she "tinkled" on his lap!
Good times.
  
6. Hardest person to buy for?
My dear husband.  He did not grow up making wish-lists.  I did.
I have trained our children from a young age to be "helpful" by making lists.
My Gram would be proud.

7. Easiest person to buy for? 
Definitely my daughter.  I usually over-buy for her, but her birthday is
in February - so the Christmas overflow goes towards birthday!

8a. Mail or email Christmas cards?
I've done both, but I don't necessarily do cards every year.
This year, I'm mailing.

8b. (My addition)
Christmas card enclosure:  photo or family newsletter?
Usually a photo.  I've never done a newsletter.

9. Favorite Christmas Movie? 
Home Alone (the first one).

10. When do you start shopping for Christmas?
I don't have a set shopping schedule.
I shop "as the spirit moves." (ha!)  Every year is different.

11. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present?
Only those from "white elephant" gift exchanges!
{Oh my - I should clarify... I may save one to use
in a white elephant exchange NEXT year!}

12. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? 
#1 My Mom's Christmas dinner - always beef.
{If she ever stuffs a goose, I may leave home.}
#2 Iced cut-out cookies.

13. Lights on the tree (colored or clear)? 
Clear.

14. Favorite Christmas song? 
"White Christmas" by Bing Crosby.

15. Travel at Christmas or stay home?
Stay home.

16. Angel, star, or ribbon on top of tree?
Our angel sort of gave up last year, so we used a plush Santa hat.
It looked so cute -- so it's up there again this year!

17. Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning?
Christmas morning.
 
18a. Most annoying thing about this time of the year?
When snow/weather gets in the way of getting things done.

18b. (My addition)
Least favorite "traditional" task?  (Be honest now...)
Putting up the tree.

19. What do you want for Christmas this year?
A new Pandora charm.

20. Traditional colors (red and green) or other colors? 
Traditional colors - um, can't you tell?

Don't forget, if you post the survey on your blog, leave a link in the comments section.  It's so much fun to read about other family traditions!


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment! I read each and every one, and truly enjoy "conversations" with you! ~Sally

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...