Friday, December 10, 2010

December 10th ~ Step Away From the Store Shelves!

 Treasured Heirloom Ornaments

Back in the early fall, when I knew our (Nov.) Disney trip was coming up, I resolved to purchase no fall or winter/Christmas decorations or "stuff" this year.  If you've been following my December Daily pages, you know that we did buy outdoor Christmas lights.  Well, that was my husband's thing.  I'm talking about me - the girl who stalks the Target end-caps for clearance items and has been known to bring home all sorts of pretty things that we don't need (but they were on CLEARance!).  I'm kind of impressed with how well I've done on that challenge to myself.  The only thing that I gave in on was a $5 mum to fill a spot in an empty pot by our door.  Other than that, all items were returned to their place of origin on the shelf before they got as far as the check-out.  I've probably sent the economy into another tailspin, I know.  In the long run, though, it gave our family a little more spending money for our trip, and that was the goal. (I'm sorry, economy).

Just for fun, take a look at this adorable tree decorated by Melissa at The Inspired Room.  What a cute idea, and a great way to use what you already have!


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment! I read each and every one, and truly enjoy "conversations" with you! ~Sally

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...