Thursday, November 11, 2010

What's for Dinner?

That's a common question around here at about 4:00 in the afternoon.  Today the answer was "Pumpkin Pancakes", and the kids both said "oooooh," instead of "ewwwwww."  You gotta love that.  I should interject here that "ewwwww" is not a typical response at out house.  But you know what they say about silence... wait, that doesn't apply here.  Anyways - you know how the kids don't respond, and you think they are "secretly" not liking your choices for a dinner menu?  {Or is that only at my house?}

Anyway, I digress.  A few weeks ago, a friend on facebook "said" that she was making Pumpkin Pancakes for dinner.  That sounded so yummy and "fall-ish" that I kept it on the back burner of my mind -- for some time in the future when I didn't have a plan.  That was today.  So, I Googled "Bisquick Pumpkin Pancakes", and this is what Google gave me.  I'm using up the Bisquick before we dig into the Hungry Jack (a recent Twitter winning - which I just received today).  We did however use the Hungry Jack syrup.  The no-drip spout comes in the form of a smiley face.  So, in reality, while you are pouring syrup, it looks as though the eyes are crying.  And just about the time that you realize the little spout is smiling and crying at the same time, syrup comes out of the "mouth."  I'm not even gonna go there.


Here's the recipe.  There were a few omissions on their part and mine.  Please see my added notes.

PUMPKIN PUFF PANCAKES
[Full credit goes to Cooks.com]

2 eggs
1 c. milk
1/2 c. cooked pumpkin
1 3/4 c. Bisquick baking mix
2 tbsp. sugar
1/2 tsp. each cinnamon, nutmeg & ginger
 1/4 c. canola oil

In small mixer bowl, beat eggs on high speed 5 minutes or until thick and lemon colored. {My note: Add other ingredients, and mix well.  They forgot this part.}  Pour batter by tablespoons onto medium hot ungreased griddle. Bake until puffed and bubbles begin to break. Turn; bake other side until golden brown. About 15 dozen 2" pancakes.  {My note: I used a small ladle, and got about 18 small-ish pancakes.  And OOPS, I "Pam-ed" the pan.  Someday I'll learn to read all of the directions! ...or not.}

They were a success.  We voted that we {read: I} would make them again.  I confess that I was rather proud of myself.  Typically, I am impatient, turn the heat up, and end up burning some of the pancakes.  Not tonight.  It was an all-around yummy dinner-time.

I hope you will try this recipe.  Again, I claim no credit {well, maybe for the notes in brackets, and the no-burning part?}  If you try the recipe, let me know how your family likes the pancakes!


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment! I read each and every one, and truly enjoy "conversations" with you! ~Sally

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...